MT-13 – Tribology. Wear and Lubrication
MODULE I (Weeks 1-7)
Повторение лексики 5-го семестра по теме Модернизация производства
Тема # 1 для экзамена по специальности МТ-13 (Модернизация производства)
I study at BMSTU in Moscow. Now I am completing my third year. My department trains specialists in a very interesting branch of engineering – Renovation / Modernization of Forms of Product Recovery Technical Production and Equipment. This specialty also includes quite a new branch of engineering – Tribology.
Modernization of production and equipmentcan solve many important problems in Engineering:
1). Renewal of the service life / life cycle of technical equipment.
2). Restoration of the service life of technical facilities: modernization of work Forms of Product Recovery places, renewal of production lines, rebuilding of plants.
3). Reuse of products or technical equipment
4). Repair, Remanufacturing or Recycling.
|Tribology is a branch of engineering that deals with friction and the problems it causes. This science studies different types of friction in mechanisms. It is always necessary to eliminate or reduce wear Forms of Product Recovery and tear in machines. Therefore, we study fundamental aspects of lubrication and lubricants, corrosion and maintenance. We study properties of different types of materials, for example, metals, metallic alloys, ceramics, polymers and composites). All over the world, the wastage of resources resulting from high friction and wear is Forms of Product Recovery great. That is why our specialty is very important now.|
After graduation, we could work as maintenance engineers at plants and factories.
Maintenance engineers are responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery. They use computerized systems to oversee routine maintenance and organize repairs. They are also involved in control Forms of Product Recovery and monitoring devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.
Maintenance engineers work with other professionals in order to improve production facilities. They try to reduce the number of costly breakdowns. Their duty is to improve overall reliability and keep an eye on safety of Forms of Product Recovery plant, personnel and production processes.
We read about typical work activities of a maintenance engineer in the Internet, his responsibilities and tasks. The most important and practical of them are:
· diagnosing and solving breakdown problems;
· planning and scheduling planned and unplanned work;
· dealing with emergency and unplanned problems Forms of Product Recovery and repairs;
· controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
· monitoring and controlling maintenance costs, and others. (2350)
Специальность 072100 «Реновация средств вещественного производства в машиностроении» - “Renovation of Productive Means in Mechanical Engineering”
MT-13 – Modernization of Production
Повторение пройденного материала (Тексты прошедшего семестра)
The 3 R’s
The [English] terms “retrofit”, “rebuild” and “remanufacture Forms of Product Recovery” have different meanings. A machine tool retrofit entails all things electronic: the controls, motors, drives and magnetic components. A retrofit process brings everything up to current standards. A rebuild includes all things mechanical, such as the ways, spindles and thrust bearings, engines or boilers.
A remanufacture is a combination of the two Forms of Product Recovery, including some engineering upgrades. The spindle might be redesigned or a new tool changer might be installed. At a minimum, the machine is going to be better than when it was new.
Whether the work performed makes a machine like new or better, such a transformation doesn’t happen Forms of Product Recovery overnight. A retrofit might take 3 to 6 weeks, a rebuild 10 to 12 weeks and remanufacture 4 to 6 months. (800)
Forms of Product Recovery
· Rebuilding or recovery ( brings a machine to the condition it was when it was originally purchased);
· Reuse (items are used by a second customer without prior repair operation or as originally Forms of Product Recovery designed);
· Repair (brings damaged components back to a functional condition);
· Refurbishing or Reconditioning is the process of restoring components to a functional and/or satisfactory state to the original specification, using methods such as resurfacing, repainting, etc.
· Retrofit (brings everything up to current standards);
· Recycling (the process of Forms of Product Recovery taking a component material and processing it to make the same material or useful degraded material
· Remanufacturing. - It isan industrial process in which worn-out products are restored to like-newcondition. Through a series of industrial processes in a factory environment, a discarded product is completely disassembled. Useable parts are cleaned, refurbished Forms of Product Recovery, and put into inventory. Then the product is reassembled from the old parts (and where necessary, new parts) to produce a unit fully equivalent and sometimes superior in performance and expected lifetime to the original new product". (1150
Retrofitting refers to the addition of new technology or features to older systems. / The addition Forms of Product Recovery of new technology or features to older systems may be referred to as Retrofitting.
§ power plant retrofit, improving power plant efficiency / increasing output / reducing emissions
§ home energy retrofit, the improving of existing buildings with energy efficiency equipment
§ seismic retrofit, the process of strengthening older buildings in order to make them earthquake Forms of Product Recovery resistant
§ machine-tool retrofit, - all measures possible to increase productivity and efficiency, minimizing the cycle time; to improve the safety of the machine-tool; to increase the quality of manufactures parts; to reduce maintenance costs for wear and repair; to give your old machine-tool a new lease of Forms of Product Recovery life*. (800)
*get/give a new lease of life - начать новейшую жизнь, дать новейшую жизнь
Remanufacturingis the process of disassembly and recovery at the module level and, eventually, at the component level. It requires the repair or replacement of worn out or obsolete components and modules. Parts subject to degradation affecting the performance Forms of Product Recovery or the expected life of the whole are replaced.
Remanufacturing differs from other recovery processes in its completeness: a remanufactured machine-tool should match the same customer expectation as a new machine.